Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

I haven’t posted here in a while. Some of you may remember that despite being ‘free’ for quite some time, that my ex is still financially abusing me (renting out the house and hiding all the income from me). I have toyed with the idea of reporting him to the police for all the times he sexually assaulted me during our relationship, but as of yet I have not done so. I knew I wanted to report him, but until now I didn’t know why I was so strongly drawn to the idea (considering how difficult it is to do). I still struggle to move on from the abuse (party due to financial stuff that he still does) and have realised that it is about my control (or lack of). He has controlled me for so long, and I need to stand up and take back my control. I can imagine how out of control he would feel if I did report him and he was arrested. No matter what he did with money etc, I would still be the one in control and that is what I need for closure and to show him that he cannot abuse me. I know how much he would hate to have his control taken away and I am the only one with the power to do that! I’m going to make the call to the police! I’ve finally made up my mind and it feels empowering.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Kitty

Like you I will report my abuser when I am in a safe place. I feel that I need for closure to stand up and say no it was wrong and he will have to take account. Even if it dosen’t get to court he will know that it was wrong.

Though I haven’t made a statement I have spoken with the police and they were great.

Good luck

FS xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content