Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplebloom
      Participant

I was with my ex for a lot of years, I didn’t want to admit this abuse was happening and always told it’s just arguments, which makes me still doubt myself to this very day! But I have lots of text messages with name calling and him constantly telling me the relationship is over and I need to leave, is being told the relationship is over multiple times any sort of controlling tactic? I’m just trying to make myself feel better about all this

sweet4
      Participant

Same here, (detail removed by Moderator) years, i have been with him since i was (detail removed by Moderator), (detail removed by Moderator) ago, he shouted to tell me to get out of the house. are you still with him keep postingxx

Purplebloom
      Participant

No I’m away but he wonders why I didn’t believe him the final time after I was told so many times before over the tears

spiritedaway
      Participant

mine would tell me to get out and always said it was his house, the final time he said it was over I was at breaking point and said fine, picked up a bag and left. As I left he was pleading me to stay. It is control, they want everything on their own terms.

Purplebloom
      Participant

Yup same as me again it was always it’s his house so I had to leave with our child with no where to go

spiritedaway
        Participant

going that final time though was a relief, I went from worrying about what the future looked like to not caring (at least for a while) I haven’t given him any contact since. My future is my business not his

Lostnalone
      Participant

It’s shocking how many stories sound so familiar!! I left as there was no way would he leave. Bin bags n boxes to show for yrs of existence!! Its sad but hopefully we are all safe. Sending u all my best.xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content