Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      SILKIE
      Participant

Now I’ve started reading the posts, so many questions.
      I need to be ready for what lies ahead and so far I have opened a new bank account.
      What advice does everyone have to prepare for complete separation please? Thanks

Eggshells
      Participant

Get your documents together, birth certificate, NI number, passport, marriage cert, kids documents (of you have kids). Keep them somewhere safe preferably at a friend or relatives house. Do the same with anything that is important to you such as photos etc.

If you can, stock pile and store with a friend/relative. Add bits to your shopping every week but not so that he’d notice the cost going up. Get as much stuff as you can e.g towels, bed linen, cleaning stuff, dried and tinned food etc.

Talk to womens aid or local dv charity to get a safe exit plan.

Always keep an overnight bag handy incase he works out what you’re doing and you have to get out quickly.

Start to sort out where you are going and how you are going to get there.

Do not tell him that you are going to leave.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content