Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Stressedandalone
      Participant

Does anybody have any advice for coping on the bad days? The days where you miss them and want to contact them? I just can’t understand why we weren’t good enough for him and the new partner is (the one he was cheating on me with). He’s staying at hers and has taken on her (detail removed by moderator) kids after her only splitting with her husband (detail removed by moderator).
      I’m really struggling, feeling like I’m drowning most days. I just keep crying. I just want to be like him and not care but how do you do that when you loved them so much and it’s obvious they didn’t! He promised me I wouldn’t be a single mom and I he wouldn’t cheat. The problem is I believed him. His family have said he’s struggling but it doesn’t look like it at all, he looks very happy in the pictures (detail removed by moderator). I feel so lost.

KIP.
      Participant

Why is his new partner sending you pictures. Block her and block him on all social media and phones etc. Abusers are liars and manipulators. You are too good for him. Both of these people are deceitful cheaters and they deserve each other. Concentrate on yourself and your healing. Take back control and block him. Use a third party for contact if you need to. Contact is toxic. It gives him the opportunity to hurt you further. You could be the most perfect partner and he would still abuse because he enjoys causing pain and distress x

Stressedandalone
      Participant

I’ve changed my number to stop it all from them to be honest and my solicitor sent a letter too. (Detail removed by moderator). He said (detail removed by moderator).
      It just all hurts so much. I’ve been so strong lot contacting him but I just miss him, I wanted him to pick me

KIP.
      Participant

He’s a domestic abuser. Picking you as you put it would be picking you to abuse and that includes your child. Abusing the mother is abusing the child. Do you have support from your local women’s aid? Please contact them for support x

Stressedandalone
      Participant

I have been in touch with an agency. I keep thinking it was me that made him behave the way he did, maybe it was me that was the controlling one! Maybe the things he said were true

KIP.
      Participant

Nope. If you were the abuser you wouldn’t be on here looking to discover what the hell happened. Abusers don’t ever look inwards. It’s always everyone else at fault x

KIP.
      Participant

He is responsible for his own behaviour no matter what nonsense he tries to tell you. Abusers choose to abuse. Good riddance to bad rubbish x abuser will make sure they put there relationship out there on social media. It’s designed to hurt. Don’t give him the satisfaction. Behind the scenes he’s probably realising what a mess he’s in. That’s when he will try to hook you back in and that’s when you need to be strong enough to have the final discard. Google trauma bonding x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content