Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      -Littlebird-
      Participant

Hi, I’m in isolation with my (detail removed by moderator) kids. We have started our new life and have started to make friends but no one really close or willing to look after the kids if I go to hospital. My health is normally good but I have been experiencing difficulty breathies and I’m worried about what will happen to kids if I have to go to hospital. Does anyone know? We have a non molestation order to stop their dad contacting us but will that show up somewhere or will the authorities try to contact their dad to care for them as he has parental responsibility?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Littlebird,

Have you sought any medical advice around your difficulties breathing? Do you have any family members who might be able to look after the children for you? It’s hard to say what would happen, but it’s important you seek medical attention if you need to.

Take care,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there as Lisa said if you do need to please seek medical attention. Panic causes breathlessness, you are in a very low risk group so try not to overthink. Anxiety comes from worrying about the future so try to ground yourself in there here and now. Taking things hour by hour then day by day. No point in worrying about things that haven’t happened. Social service may have temporary foster carers or you could have help at home. Just try to stay positive x I doubt very much they would allow the kids to go to someone who has a non mol especially if you are objecting. Try not to worry. Do some things with the kids to take your mind off it.

ssid
      Participant

Please keep in mind all that you are doing and keep on doing to keep safe and not to come.into contact with the virus.

Remember soap will inactivate any active virus, it destroys the fact that holds the virus together, so soap is your best friend.

Keep your distance, and ask for help where you need it.

I have breathlessness too, and I’m trying to keep a grip of my thoughts from running away with me.

I am doing things actively to get out of breath for 20 mins evey day. Such things could be running up and down stairs or dancing to the tv or audio playlists. Just once a day will increase your fitness to fight off anything, and maie your heart and lungs hlas healthy as they can be.

If you have access to the beautiful sunlight many are having today try to expose yourselves to as much as possible as vitamin D plays a key role in our immunity against viruses.

Also,keep talking. It really does help.

Enjoy every little thing its possible to enjoy on this beautiful day.

X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content