Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

So my children are young adults living at home.
      They do not like my new partner of a few years. They say they do not trust him, one of them believes that he has stolen money from him.
      They tell me that they don’t like the way he patronises me and shouts.
      There has been a few rows but to be honest they generally get on with him at face value.
      But the past few months they are increasingly saying they can’t live with him anymore they feel uneasy in the house and on edge.
      I’m so in the middle.
      Could I be causing them damage by not taking seriously what they are saying. I have had my doubts about him and everything they say does add up to him being untrustworthy and a possibile drug habit.
      It’s getting that every day they are saying to me he needs to go they think he’s a wolf in sheep clothing.

swanlake
      Participant

I’m sure that your children want the best for you and want to protect you.
      I remember life with my mum’s emotionally abusive partner and it was unpleasant. Not shouting but patronising and misogynistic. They failed to protect me when I asked for help from them.
      Eventually my mum left that person, she had had enough of the treatment she received.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content