Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #93056

      Pwe aren’t allowed to stay jn lur refuge because its now too close to my ex. The refuge staff have been amazing and are trying to get us emergency housing with the council in the area we wabt to relocate to as we’ve already been in two refuges. But the council have said they dont have emergency housing stock abd all they will offer is a place in the nearby refuge which is really horrible. Does anyone know if theres anything i can say to tge council to gwt help? I really don’t want to leave the refuge we are in and the council’s response is making it worse

    • #93067

      Have your tried ringing Rights of Women. Or refuge for some legal advice, I know there is legislation about housing victims of domestic abuse so it might be worth looking at that. Are you in a position to rent privately or can they help you with this?

    • #93095
      Main Moderator

      Hi Squeakycheese,

      It might be worth you giving Shelterline a call and having a chat; they’re experts in housing law: 0808 800 4444,

      Best wishes,


Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account