Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I suffer with PTSD. My manager referred me to Bupa (health care thru work) a couple of months ago, I did nothing about it. I had a meltdown today so gave them a call. They did an assessment and apparently I scored quite high for PTSD, depression and anxiety. Now have contacts for several female counsellors in my area. Going to give them a call tomorrow. I’m actually quite glad I called them. I emailed my manager and she phoned me, was really supportive. So……never had counselling before. Wish me luck, 😉

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, same diagnosis as me lol. Best thing I ever did. PTSD is a cruel Disorder in that just when you think you are well and feeling good, it will bite you when you least expect it. So great news about councelling. Ring around and find one that has extensive knowledge of domestic abuse. Be prepared for aftershocks as they will rewire your thought process and this means dealing with upsetting events. But hang in there. Without councelling I would not be able to move forward x you will do great. Just take it slowly….

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey Kip, my ‘episodes’ come and go so I think I realise it’s an ongoing thing I’m dealing with. Sound advice from you as always 😊 I’ll research them tomorrow and pick one. Quite daunting but I know I need it xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content