Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Hi ladies
      I reluctantly accepted counselling as I don’t discuss my private life which was the main thing that kept me stuck in a bad situation for so many years !!!a tip I have had to help me is to keep memos .So anything I’m thinking about / overthinking I write down (I use my phone for convenience so I can do it anywhere) It’s like having someone to share your thoughts & memories with as you can re read them , add & remove when u feel ready to and it unclutters the mind .You also get to read and realise what you’ve been through is so awful and have every right to feel sad , lonely , hurt , angry , confused and very thankful that you no longer live the nightmare that was !!!!!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing this with us, Stuck in The mud.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Thanks Lisa , it’s worked for me so want others to give it a try.If I knew 2 years ago to approach it this way I think I would be in a better situation now .Being a jumbled mess and going over and over stuff has delayed me building a new life without abuse

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content