Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      seaglass
      Participant

Hi, I’m still struggling with getting my partner to leave, whether I should, whether I’m being too dramatic, whether I’m imagining it etc etc. My friends who I have told are absolutely behind me in that his behaviour has been abusive, but I’m still being drawn into maybe I have it wrong, maybe it is really me. So I feel I would benefit in talking to someone I don’t know who understands the whole cycle of abuse. It’s the whole self doubt thing, and my brain gets so terribly muddled, I emailed my local Woman’s aid to see if they had a list of private counsellors but they don’t. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a register somewhere I could refer to? Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to your GP and ask for a referral and also talk to your local women’s aid. They know more about domestic abuse than anyone. If you google local counsellors they should come up in a register and you can look for the ones with relevant experience. I think it’s BACP register.

KIP.
      Participant

The BACP Register is a public record of counsellors and psychotherapists who meet or exceed our recommended minimum quality standards. These standards cover training, supervision, continuing professional development and a contractual commitment to our Ethical Framework.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content