Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshine
      Participant

So tonight I had this frightening realisation that (detail removed by Moderator) I could be in real danger. I have everything in place to protect me but Xmas was always a terrible time of year with him. He always ruined it drunk and being abusive/violent. Now am thinking with him not getting access to his child he is going to be very angry and that combined with drink so not good!
      I can’t even think of what it will do to me and my child if he turns up 🙁 all you can do in this situation is sit and hope he will stay away!! I want my child to have a good Xmas. Sorry to vent on but I do feel scared to think about the what if…! 🙁 am sure a lot of us are sitting like that right now. It just came over me in a panic watching tv xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sunshine,

Its understandable that you are feeling scared as you know what he is capable of. It sounds like Xmas has previously been a scary time for you, use this year to make your own Xmas for you and your child.

As you mentioned there are things in place to protect you.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Try not to dwell on the past. These men are true cowards and now you’ve spoken out he will not be so brave. Make a new kind of Xmas this year. Just the way you want. My ex annoyed me from a distance but he knew there were consequences and I don’t think he wanted to risk jail. Such cowardly losers x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content