Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bobsaunt
      Participant

Am fuming my attacker is being sentenced (date removed by moderator)and none of the supposed support services are available to either take me there, I am unable to drive and it is n (detail removed by moderator)bus ride. What is the point of the things when you need them they are too busy.

They seem to be questioning why I am going, I have had such RUBBISH info so far that I need to know straight away. I have no family around so am completely alone. All my friends are busy.

I feel,so let down and vulnerable

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, phone the court in the morning and ask to speak to the witness service. Then ask someone if they can ring you right away with his sentence. This is what I did. I was too scared to go to court as much as I would have liked to as they allowed him to stalk me round it and he was waiting for me outside. Good luck and well done for holding him accountable X

Bobsaunt
      Participant

The thing is I want to go so I hear it from the horses mouth – not the next day etc. They make all these promises to be there for you but then – oops no!

KIP.
      Participant

They can ring you as soon as sentencing is finished. They can sit in the court and listen to sentencing and ring you straight away. One thing I learned through this process is to rely on myself only. Don’t put extra pressure on yourself. I know it’s a huge deal. As long as you are safe?

Bobsaunt
      Participant

Well done and dusted –(detail removed by Moderator). Not a lot I can do now but get on sadly don’t feel the closure I thought I would.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content