Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      journeyupwards
      Participant

Has anyone else made any significant recovery from CPTSD?

Mine was caused by a lot of things throughout adulthood including a lot of domestic abuse. I hope that there really is light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, any helpful resources or book recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely. It probably feels hopeless at times but PTSD will come in waves so make the most of the good days and try not to feel bad when you have bad days. If it was a physical injury we would all be much kinder to ourselves. The Body Keeps The Score is quite a good book. Get a good trauma counsellor to help you cope with the symptoms until they lessen. It’s a slow process but concentration returns. The mind opens. Emotions stabilise. I’m a different person to the traumatised victim I was even a couple years ago. Some triggers remain but you learn to deal with them and their impact lessens.

journeyupwards
        Participant

Thank you! I’m so glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

fizzylem
      Participant

When we have grown and built resiliance, have learnt how to respond better to self, our thoughts and emotions, the trauma even feels like a gift believe it or not, as it teaches us so much about self, others and the world; how to be intouch with the authentic self and this is golden.

Have to say KIP’s given you a fine book rec. there – one of the best. Keep going, there is an end and new beginnings for sure x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content