Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Jhemoj
      Participant

So today I learned something I thought I’d share. Because it helps. Please note you wil look absolutely b****y crazy. But it helps. I’ve been struggling with my anxiety of late as I’m sure some of you have seen in my rants, I’m medicated to quite a high level & also receive therapy but I always felt like I just wanted to scream. Nothing was working J everything was a trigger today, so I thought f**k it, i drove to a very large field. I stood in the middle & screamed & cried until I hurt my throat.
      & until a very scared dog I walker asked if I needed some help, but I have never ever felt better. The sense of relief was amazing. But it works! So don’t hold it in!!! ( please do not take my advice in your local Asda. I don’t think they’d understand) but let your emotions out for goodness sake! We’re human & we need to learn itsnokay to let it out and more importantly it’s okay not to be okay!!!

Loads & loads of love
      From the crazy screaming lady coming to a field near you! ❤️

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

I think you are quite right to scream and get it all out. Sometimes I have done it in the car (made a change from him doing it in my face when driving). So much anger, frustration, sadness, questions of why – the lot….my biggest thing is that I don’t understand and I know I never will. He destroyed what we had and I gave him so much. He is now thriving while I am floundering because of the pain and hurt he inflicted on me when he showed his true self to me. He revealed the evil that he is. What a fool I was and yet I still love and miss him. So much so that I wouldn’t make a statement to the police to protect him. He got away and is getting so much work from my reputation. Where is the justice, where is the Karma?

JessicaJones
        Participant

Wow. I have actually been considering going to the hills to do just this for about a year now.
        I have so many screams in me. For a very very long time now, I have felt this overwhelming urge to just scream and scream and scream until I can scream no longer. I do scream, and shout. But I need to just let it all out. For as long as I need. And I don’t want to end up being put in hospital.
        I also started researching primal scream therapy. Apparantly screaming releases traum even from as far back as your birth.
        Sometimes, the urge to scream is so so so great, the anger is so huge, I feel it as a physical sensation. Like this physical force in my throat and round my neck area.
        Sometimes, I let little bits out. (When I say little bits I mean, I really scream. But the way I am going to go off if I just let it out completely would have someone calling the police, probably.
        I need to do it possibly for hours, so I was going to go to some hills near me and just do it, but it’s quite popular with walkers.
        I think this is a sign.
        I need to go do my screaming. Thanks for the tip. We should start a screaming club… 😀

JessicaJones
        Participant

And yeah Asda’s probably not the best place hahahaa

Fudgecake
      Participant

I’ll have to try that. Funnily enough I did let my emotions out today. Wasn’t a field tho it was the doctors consultation room the poor thing. All he asked was how was I. Bless him he got the tissues ready lol

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Jhemoj
      I loved reading your experience, I could hear till here ☺️ good for you to have let it out 👍
      I like to let it out by listening to music and dancing to it, swimming, walking, just physical outlet basically I find very helpful and soothing. 😌

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Peacethroughhealing
      I gave up trying to understand because the more I read the more confused I got, all the knowledge in the world still doesn’t tell me why he would destroy it all.
      Now I’ve got my very own explanation; he destroys lives because he is an abuser. That’s what abuser do. It’s their job description.
      What I try to learn now is to take care of myself and put the attention to me, which is so new I’m unsure how to do it but I try.
      So karma is to take care of yourself, build yourself up, one day you’ll lead a happy life again, that will be your justice.
      He will always be this looser of an abuser.
      If you do find it in you to make a statement go for it. Maybe this will give you a sense of justice. Do whatever feels good for you. 💞💪

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Well if you’re a ‘crazy lady’, then i think we have to say its a widespread issue!

Everyone needs to have a good ol’ let it out under such pressure and extreme circumstances.

In fact perhaps us less than others as we get so practiced at keeping everything in so tightly for fear something might escape and bring further doom upon us!

Scream then…lady ‘not-so-crazy’

Warmest wishes

TS

fizzylem
      Participant

All the best people are said the Hatter!

So glad you gave yourself this, responded to your needs and emotions. It needs to come OUT huh! X*X

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I love this post and I could just see the dog walker looking concerned! I regularly scream in the car. I feel like I need a better coping strategy but I agree, there’s something wonderful about screaming isn’t there, it just frees up all of that rage and pain and anger and sadness.

Thinking about it, we are just animals and we’ve been detached from our animal nature which can’t be healthy. Just think about how wolves howl and other creatures make all sorts of fantastic wild noises. I think there is something to be said for just letting loose sometimes! Also, I am remembering that wailing is part of some cultures to help people through their grief. I feel like that’s where to ‘wailing banshee’ comes from in Irish culture. I think we need to bring this back, I’ve just checked wikipedia and they call it keening. Not the same thing as screaming but I feel like it’s connected – a vocal expression of anger/grief/sorror/pain.

White Rose
      Participant

I definitely feel this should be recommended as an outlet for pent up emotions!
      I did it so many times when things were bad – always in the car. I’d get to the point I really couldn’t take any more and tell him I had to “pop out” for a bit. Sometimes it was 3-4 hours but driving and screaming really helped. I somtines did it as a release of emotions driving home from work when my anxiety was soaring in anticioation of what was to come. Not sure it was good for my throat though but I’ve still got my voice!!

Jhemoj
      Participant

Hi all I’m so sorry I haven’t relplied to any of you for such a long time I had some healing to do but my god has screaming helped me. Being a crazy lady suits me ahah !!! The dog walker didn’t think so but I do lmao!
      Be crazy, shout scream, sing, dance, swim cry laugh do whatever your body is telling you to do to feel better ! Don’t hold anything in! I’m sending sooo much love to you all & yes Jessica Jones let’s set up this screaming club. I think it’d be a national hit once people tried it !!

Your responses have made my week!!!
      Loadssss & loads of love to you beautiful ladies ❤️

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Jhemoj

A lovely update that youve been healing and enjoyed all the replies so much!

Warmest wishes

TS

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content