Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Weakasakitten
      Participant

Hi all this is my second post,
      Been away this weekend I’m struggling with menopausal symptoms so feeling so low in mood 0 confidence, obviously posted on here before as been in a mental emotional physical relationship, (detail removed by moderator) he said something (detail removed by moderator). And I did laugh .
      Little did I know he must have took a picture of me as he sent it to me (detail removed by moderator) and the pic is horrendous I look terrible I’m really struggling to loose weight but try and make the best of what I got. I think the picture is a way of saying look at u , u need to do something I am wrong in thinking if someone loved u you wouldn’t do that wen she’s in secure with herself xx

Bananaboat
      Participant

How mean, does he know you don’t like the photo and what he did do in reply? Funnily enough I watched on Instagram earlier a post about abusers using humour to cover up their nastiness, their jabs at our confidence to assert their control but in a way that it’s ‘funny’ so if we don’t laugh then the issue is us, we’re boring etc. delete the picture, even the prettiest models take bad photos and have double chins xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

They do this to make themselves feel better , so that any confidence you have , they destroy any weakness or insecurities you have about yourself they will always use against you . I had an eating disorder when I was in my teens and I stupidly told my ex partner as I thought in loving relationships you are meant to share your problems vice versa , so my insecurity has always been my weight , he would always in his rages at me call me names aimed at my weight and I’m slim , but that issue of mine never leaves and he knew that and still used it against me . It’s all so they have power & control over you .

Weakasakitten
      Participant

I always think if someone loves you they should support u not criticise you , I’ve always had weight issues all my life and it is a battle I’ll always have , when all my friends say your beautiful and he doesn’t deserve you .

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content