Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Unsure whether to contact CSA. Have a agreement in place with ex but its on his terms. When I ask him to increase it I get a flat no followed by insults, accusations etc then couple weeks pass and he puts it up with no explanation. Iv been away from him several years and this is the pattern. He controlled me financially during the relationship. I prefer the peace and little contact, only pick up drop of. So I guess what’s stopping me is if he kicks of if I contact them. Is there a legal course of action in uk to stop him taking my child and keeping them for example? He was never physical, was all mental, emotional, manipulation. Which he now does with my child. I don’t want him to make things worse for either me or my child, but hate the way he is still controlling.
      Feeling so low and needing some advice please.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      I don’t have any experience with the CSA, however I hope some of the other ladies will see your post and advise you.
      Sending you continued love & support
      Darcy xx

Living Warrior
      Participant

hi hun,
      There is a legal route through this, a prohibited steps order is a court order where it states who the children live with. It stops another party from taking the children from the named party (you) or anyone who you deem the children are safe to be with, eg friends, school etc.

basically it states you are residential guardian and he cannot take kids unless you agree, and then must return them by time and date stated, otherwise police CAN arrest him and return the children to you.
      without this document if he has parental responsibility and nothing can or will be done if he takes them out of school or from carers. 🙂 i hope this helps.
      i would definetly get intouch with CSA that way its all above board and he cannot complain. 🙂 expecially if he is using money as a way of controlling you.

Sleepypigeon
        Participant

Thanks for your advice I am going to look into this, dont want to add fuel to this but need to do something I think.

cakepops
      Participant

Is your ex self employed, or does he have the potential to become self-employed/a company director? If so I would be wary of contacting CMS as they have a ridiculous number of ways to avoid paying in these circumstances, so you might well find yourself worse off financially.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content