Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gettingtired
      Participant

i’m sorry to post twice in one day but I can’t make any phone calls at the moment.

I’ve been in touch with my local DA service and they’re going to refer me but they’ve asked for my partner’s name and DOB? They said they won’t contact him so why are they asking?
      Has anyone else who’s had support from a domestic abuse service been asked to give partner’s details?

Thanks in advance x

KIP.
      Participant

You’re perfectly within your right to ask what they intend to do with this information. It sounds like they may do a check for you with the police as that’s the kind of details needed to see if he has a criminal past or a record of domestic abuse.

gettingtired
        Participant

Thank you, I’ve asked them why they need to know so will wait to hear back x

KIP.
      Participant

Maybe it’s part of their risk assessment now.

Hidinginplainsight
      Participant

I’ve never heard of this before but I’m glad you asked them what they needed it for.

Could it be something to do with Claire’s Law?

X

gettingtired
        Participant

I know, I’ll comment on here when they hopefully email me back tomorrow.
        They also asked me if we have links to a certain (detail removed by Moderator) or the military.
        Strange but I guess there must be a reason x

gettingtired
      Participant

They said that they ask for the name of the persom causing harm because they like to use the name of that person in conversations with you and they need to ensure that a support worker is not related to that person or has any links to them.
      They also said that they don’t contact the police unless you specifically ask them to or if they feel that you were at high risk from that person. If that was the case then they would explain that to you.

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks for sharing. That makes sense x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content