Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

The Information Commissioners Office

These are the people you complain to if you think someone has shared your personal information. It doesn’t have to be your details like name and address. It can be the contents of a letter, your thoughts and opinions.
      I complained about a company very closely connected with my ex and they showed him my letter of complaint. This puts me in danger and they knew that. Don’t put up with ignorant companies that don’t take domestic violence seriously. Or data Protection seriously. It’s a criminal offence to breach data protection. Every step of this jourey I meet behaviour that enables abuse. And I have complained about every single one. And I will keep complaining.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Well done for complaining Kip. I know very much what you mean about the ignorance of society and abusive behaviour being tolerated. I have recently made a formal complaint in a large organisation after a ‘professional’ treated me appallingly. So far the organisation have thankfully taken it seriously and it is being dealt with properly. I find myself wanting to complain about a different person each week now, I see so much awful unacceptable behaviour. The only problem is it makes you feel kind of lonely, and like a trouble maker, the only person who has a problem when everyone else seems fine with things. I guess it’s lonely doing what’s right sometimes.

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely how I feel too. I feel like I’m making a fuss over nothing. When it really is a big deal. I like to think I’m doing it for other women too. How dare they show my complaint to my abuser! It gave him information that I did not want him to have. If enough people complain then maybe the system will change. I truely believe this is how abused women have been treated for decades because we didn’t have the help and strength to fight back. Well no more. These people need an education and I’m going to give it to them. Onwards and upwards. And yes, it can be lonely and frightening but someone has to do it and I feel fortunate to have recovered sufficiently to deal with it x

Copperflame
      Participant

Good for you KIP. It’s appalling that a company put your safety and confidentiality at risk like that. I think we ladies have been conditioned into believing we are troublemakers if we speak out about something, but I think we need to overcome this conditioning and speak out against any kind of wrong doing. Just remember that some of our ancestors chained themselves to railings so that women could have the vote. These women were treated appallingly but in the end women did get the vote and these days no one even questions it. Indeed there are more female MPs in Parliament than ever before.

I believe the system can change if people shout out loud enough and can summon up support. Good for you KIP!

Copperflame
      Participant

A lot of people may seem fine with the way society is, but maybe they are not all happy with it. Maybe they’re just afraid to speak out or afraid of rocking the boat. It takes courage to speak out so strength to your arm xx

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks, youre absolutley right and Ive just realised my new email address and telephone numbers were on that email too!! This all came about because i dared to complain. No wonder society just put up with this behaviour. The repercussion can be enormous.

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you so much for this, KIP!
      I am going to write to them.
      I have a number of complaints to make to them.
      Now I know where to complain.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content