Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Madainn mhath (Good Morning). I have finally decided on my date of leaving. It has been popping into my head for about a week now. It will be a month after my enough is enough moment, ๐Ÿ˜Š I have been popping into the flat every day since I received the key, getting a feel for it., making freshly brewed coffeeโ˜• I was thinking now I have the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE, anything I want, to say or buy, do or not do, without being berated for wasting money or being selfish or whatever๐Ÿ˜Š This is the first time @ftc I’ve used those words, and I get why you chose it as your user name.
      Thank you ladies for sharing this journey with me, from watching me take baby steps ๐Ÿ‘ฃ to being nearly ready to run ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ, which considering my joints, is amazing in itself. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      Almost there and enjoying the journey
      IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

KIP.
      Participant

Wow, Iโ€™m so excited for you. Iโ€™ve followed your journey on here and you are a true inspiration. Not only to discover freedom for yourself but to have helped so many of us on your journey too. You have a real insight into domestic abuse and perhaps now you have the โ€œfreedom to chooseโ€, this new chapter might allow you to carry on and help others. To educate and raise awareness. As a survivor you have a louder voice than you know. Baby steps x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Thanks KIP, and you’ve been mine๐Ÿ’ž I’ve so nearly started psychology courses in the past, think I may do it once I’m settled. I was trying to talk to my son, help him through his FOG, and my dad was like, how did you get so knowledgeable, don’t you think you should do this for a living! With practicing LOA anything IS possible. The possible opportunities created by going through what we have done, can open so many doors for us and help others like us or in similar circumstances. All we can do is educate the future generations. Knowledge is power(KIP) as they say ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Best wishes IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

KIP.
      Participant

Thereโ€™s an introduction to psychology and counselling course at my local college. Iโ€™ve thought of doing that first to see how much brain power I still have. There are also so many life coaches on YouTube and we know much more than them. Iโ€™m still trying to work out my next move, I suppose Iโ€™m still in recovery. You will have so much more time for yourself to decide what you want to do, that time can be overwhelming in the beginning as all your time and headspace will have been taken up by him so get some good things on your calendar, rekindle old friendship and spend more time on the people in your life who really matter.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’ve missed a few days logging in. Sort of hit the wall and had to do work, home, eat, bed to stave off the exhaustion, so I didn’t see that you’ve had the keys.

So pleased for you, that’s brilliant. I can’t wait to hear of how you’re enjoying being there in peace and making your own choices for you and your life.

xx

HeasvHeart
      Participant

This is great to read IWMB. I am so happy for you.
      As others have said you have been a great help to many of us and I will be forever grateful for finding this forum and all you amazing ladies.
      Enjoy every moment of the peace and safety of your new home.
      Lots of love
      HvH x

diymum@1
      Participant

My dear IWMB ๐Ÿ™‚ everything happens for a reason ๐Ÿ™‚ you would make an amazing counsellor!! your going to have the ability to make a massive difference in lots lots of womens and childrens lifes ๐Ÿ™‚ your on your way i am excited for your new chapter xxxx much love mon charaid x diymum

Fudgecake
      Participant

Sending you lots of warm wishes and good luck for when you move!
      xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Whoop whoop! Let’s all dance! Gosh, your own gaff!!! It’s gonna be great – v happy for you.

Wish I’d chosen such a meaningful user name now, FTC is a great one for sure. My mind was blank and it was what I saw when I scanned the room along with dirty socks and pants – think I made the right choice lol x

Iwantmeback
        Participant

I like Fizzylem, it reminds me of childhood and summer holidays and picnics. Lemonade was the only fizzy drink we were allowed. Nae ‘irn bru’ in our house, sacrilege, us Scots tae.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ To tell the truth I dinnae really like it๐Ÿคซ
        ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

diymum@1
      Participant

‘socks and pants’ would have been funny tho ๐Ÿ˜€ xxxx

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Very good post to logon to and read, IWMB ๐Ÿ™‚ You’ve earned and deserved this freedom that’s now finally come to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Getmylifeback
      Participant

Hi there
      Im so pleased youre out of it.
      Can i ask if you have childre too?
      I want out but its the kids i worry about.
      Congratulations o your new home ๐Ÿ˜ x

Scapegoat
      Participant

Awesome news. I am so pleased for you…what an amazing feat. This is the start of a new life and I wish you all the best. You have helped me so much over the last week with your support and your kind words.๐Ÿ’•SG

Shaz
      Participant

IWMB

Just wanted to say how happy I am for you, this is such exciting news. You have vast amounts of knowledge and I really feel exciting things will happen for you.

All the best x

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Great news IWMB . Nearly there. Itโ€™s good tou have gained a lot of knowledge. I didnโ€™t know about trauma bonding so was all ready to go and couldnโ€™t move for a week as felt like the house had put out roots around my
      ankles! All the best and take care in this last part.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m so happy to read this! ๐Ÿ™‚

It isn’t easy, but its worth it. Not being controlled and screamed at and hit has felt fantastic. And to have control of your own money….

I needed the forum so much when I got out, so keep posting.

See you on the other side ๐Ÿ˜‰ x*x

Iwantmeback
        Participant

Hey Landy, yes I will keep posting, was able to access internet in the flat even though there’s no internet in it, if that makes sense. The final countdown – actuslly love that song, need to look it out, though it’s probably packed. Will download it onto my phone.
        ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

Iwantmeback
      Participant

O ladies, I had no idea, I’m so overwhelmed by your kindness and lovely words. It tells me that people do care, that I’m worthwhile, thank you all so very very much.
      ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

Iwantmeback
      Participant

It suddenly dawned on me yesterday as I was driving down to the flat, I’d always thought to myself I’d love to live in there. Obviously I can’t describe it, but where it is I pass every day, thought the place looked lovely. It was only yesterday, as I drove in from the top end of the town, that that thought crossed my mind.
      LOA at work? You make up your minds, let me know what you thing ladies๐Ÿ’œ Definately something ‘Higher’ at work.
      IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

xxxxhelpxxxx
      Participant

I am only just catching up with everything. I am soooo pleased for you! What an exciting but also scary time.

Halfwayout
      Participant

I just read your good news! I chuffed to bits for you I hope you are as happy as me, its a pretty awesome feeling, normal.
      Its sounds like your flat was meant to be,we know that feeling also. Enjoy.xx

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content