Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

I went on my first date since my ex left… i wasn’t physically attracted to him for the off.. and no matter what people say, there has to be some thing.. anyway.. I dont know why I went… trying to prove to myself that I could move on from my ex?! It broke my heart when I found out my ex had met someone new… how is it fair that he is happy and in love… why can’t I find that happiness too? It just makes me feel even more that I was the problem not him. I’m not too upset that I haven’t heard from this guy because I didn’t like him that way either… so it was mutual I guess. It would’ve been nice If he did like me… it would’ve boosted my non existent ego a little even if it does make me a hypocrite

Starsindarkness
      Participant

Hi Starmoon, I think that you should look at is as a positive that you was able to go on a date. That is a great step to moving on. I wish I had your strength. Men in general just scare me now even though I know they are not all bad apples. I feel like my illusion of love has been shattered! If you feel like your ready keep going on a few dates it will do you good. I am the same with zero confidence but that’s what they wanted and we’ve got to start building ourselves up. Maybe have a pamper day? It was him that was the problem. They might look happy for now but people don’t change and he will probably do the same to her eventually unfortunately. Keep your chin up x

SunshineAngel
      Participant

Hi Starmoon,
      I understand how you must feel. I’ve not been gone for very long but I feel very lonely and the thought of him moving on is unbearable to me. When I feel too sad about not having him by my side anymore I try to remind myself how he didn’t let me see my friends and family when we were together. I remind myself how much I missed having that social life and seeing my old friends, being spontaneous and making plans with people other than him. It helps to think about this freedom that I have gained back, and I enjoy talking to my old friends again.
      You can be proud that you are moving on, and working on yourself and being nice to yourself. I hope you find a way of boosting your ego yourself, you deserve it X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content