Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

After a few years of my daughter having no contact with me. She went to my mothers and ask if I had a new mobile number as she was trying to contact me. The reason being was she was getting married and needed my help with the passport. My mother told me as we were going to an evening out, and I just fell to bits.

(I have checked and she does not need anything from me to get a passport and she can get it from her father, so me not contacting her will not effect her plans)

She knows my address and my email so there was no need to speak to my mother about it.

I went back to the beginning of the pain and hurt. I don’t feel like I can cope with her in my life to be used again, but I don’t want to miss the opportunity to mend things.

I have asked my sibling to vet any information that my mother is given in the future so it doesn’t mess with my head.

I am not the mother that either of my children knew and wont be again, I’m scarred that if either of them came into my life to treat me like they did again I would break beyond repair.

At the moment I have done nothing, and feel that I should wait till or if she makes another move.

I will value your help with this matter. FS x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Falling Skys,

The fact that she’s maybe not been truthful to your mother about her reasons for getting in touch, or that she’s pretended your mother that she’s tried to get in touch, already has warning signs attached to it, because she’s not being straightforward, and as you say, this constitutes a mind game. Also, she must know that a daughter’s wedding is an emotional thing for a mother.

I don’t know exactly how your kids treated you previously, but I would say, wedding or no wedding, your priority must still be to protect yourself. You were right to ask your mother to be careful of what she tells you, as you don’t want to be triggered ( especially if your daughter is going to make such moves again), and if your daughter wanted to be in contact around this matter it should simply be to inform you of the wedding and to invite you- apart from that, she has no reason to communicate with you about the event. You don’t want her trying to engage with you about the wedding if she’s not going to invite you: I would say it would be emotional abuse of yourself to do so.

It is up to her to make contact, and any contact should be respectful to your feelings. You don’t need to put up with any abuse.

Falling Skys
      Participant

thank you Serenity xx

as I get further away from the abuse I can see the they are only use to abusing me to. I slip back to how I was and I can t live like it anymore. Though not suicidal I would have happily been dead to stop the pain.

FS X

Serenity
      Participant

I know, FS.

Please know that this is your life and you’re entitled to enjoy it.

Leave those abusers far behind and plan to do the things that make you really peaceful and happy.

x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

You are so right Serenity, I have decided that it is up to her to make contact with me. I just hope my ex will change his mind and sale me the house so I can move on completely.

FS x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content