Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

I’m struggling to cope with what lays ahead for me. It dominates my thoughts every minute of the day and night. I am becoming a ‘repeat poster’ in the forum and I’m am sorry if it’s getting annoying. ‘DizzyB***h’ is moaning again.

I don’t know what else to do while I wait for the green light to say the safe house is ready for me and my son. I can’t talk about what concerns me to him, he has been through enough and he worry’s about me, it’s MY job to protect HIM and I’ve not exactly done a great job at that so far!!!

I don’t fully understand the procedure of what’s going to happen to us, I just know it’s out of my hands now and I’m waiting for contact from professionals.

I’m limited (for obvious reasons) when I can safely call the helpline, I’ve only successfully spoken to someone once because they are so busy. I feel like I’m on the edge of a black hole and it would only take a gentle breeze for me to fall in.

I just want to be told it’s going to be ok, someone is going to catch me if I fall. The permanent state of anxiety (despite medication) is draining me of what little sanity I have left.

Someone wrap me up in a blanket tightly and tell me I’m doing the right thing.

KIP.
      Participant

You are absolutely doing the right thing. Let the professionals take over while you’re frozen through abuse. Picture a safe place where you and your son are safe and free to just be yourselves. Free from fear and intimidation. To watch what you want on tv. Have friends round. Cook and eat when you feel like it. I know you’re full of self doubt but you need to do this for both you and your child and it will work out. You simply cannot stay the way things are just now. You both deserve better x

Darcy
      Participant

“When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: either there will be ground to stand on, or you will be given wings to fly.” xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content