Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Milkshake@
      Participant

Since coming out of my abusive relationship I am currently living with my parents and my kids are living with their dad (not the guy who abused me)!
      I get on well with the kids’ dad and do get to see them although it’s not the same as having them live with you 1/2 the time.
      My abusive ex is living in our jointly owned home since his two kids live with him and they have nowhere else to go.
      And the house is up for sale.
      (detail removed by Moderator)
      I am really struggling and feel very down most days but keep going – just!
      I just hate myself & feel stupid for falling for his ‘charm’ & false promises.
      And putting my kids through everything.
      And even though people tell me I’m strong for getting out and going through with reporting him etc – I don’t feel strong.
      Does it or will it get better?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Milkshake@,

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling at the moment. I hope it helped to share with us. You have been through so much; try to be kind to yourself and give yourself time to recover from everything.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost
      you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Keep posting when you can, there is support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content