Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Goldengirl
      Participant

Hi, all. I am now freaking out over debt and trying to get it sorted. We split X months ago and I am only now trying to come out of the fog and deal with life but am totally in a panic. I am going to a debt charity this week and was wondering if anyone could recommend one? I need one that will allow for cigarette expenses as I am not strong enough to give them up at the moment – although I do now spend over £100 less per month now. My abuse was financial as well as everything else, so assets in his name but debts in mine. I can’t even sell the house to get my share until he decides it (although I managed to get the court to evict him) as the house is in his name – I still don’t understand how he talked me into that! Hope someone can help as my poor sleep is starting to affect me during the day.

godschild
      Participant

Hi, I think the moderator will remove the organisation if I put it on here so will send you a private message with one I know of x

Goldengirl
      Participant

Thanks, gods child, that would be appreciated.

Goldengirl
      Participant

Thanks for the private message, gods child. They are the only one I have tried so far and unfortunately they don’t take into account that I’m in no fit state to give up smoking. Thanks anyway.

godschild
      Participant

Sorry to hear that, they should make allowance , hope you find the help you need x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

Citizen Advice Bureau has people who can help.

I take out interest free credit cards. My debts shrink since I do that.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content