Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

I just check my emails and received email stating my decree nisi will be issued end of (detail removed by Moderator), prob explain why he has been trying to call me, I should feel happy but I just feel numb and gutted , I know I’m not officially divorced till the absolute decree comes through , just wasn’t expecting it cause no finances been sorted , what does this decree nisi mean anyway , does it mean at final stage b4 absolute issued

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, it must feel strange but it’s just a piece of paper at the end of the day. I was told not to divorce till finances are sorted as it affects assets and pension rights etc.

White Rose
      Participant

Finances can be sorted after nisi granted. Just make sure you or ypur solicitor don’t apply for absolute till you’ve done that. If he’s divorcing you you can still ask court to hold absolute till after finances done.
      Decree nisi felt odd. Absolute was even more odd – I didn’t feel anything at all.
      It’s a step closer to freedom! xxxx

Ayanna
      Participant

You can get divorced and do the finances anytime later. Just make sure you sort them out so that he cannot pester you later.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi x

I had my decree absolute through last (detail removed by Moderator).

I felt numb, like you the financial side is still not sorted (detail removed by Moderator).

It is not unusual for the divorce to be through before the money is sorted I was informed. Only issue is that if they die before the pension split is completed we get nothing.

O well no having bad thoughts for a while.

The nisi part shows intent to divorce, but you can go no further and still be married.

Then who ever apply for the divorce after six weeks and a day can apply for the absolute meaning you single.

If it’s you that has applied it may be worth talking it over with your solicitor till when it is best to proceed. If it’s him you have no choice in the matter.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

You still have a choice. If he applied you just have to wait longer, about 3 months and then you can finalize the divorce if he does not do it. Then he gets divorced quicker than he planned to, oooh.
      This is important if he does not have much and wants your money.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content