Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Im over ticking my brain. Ive recently made frisnds with someone and she too is a DV victim. Anyways she told me that she got a prohibited steps order and a child arrangement order against her ex. So I started to think alot tonight do I need one too? He threatened to kill me and my son during the assualt. And hes dual nationality my ex so I worry he will kidnap my son. I currently have a non molestation order but feel let down by my dv support worker she constantly tries to get rid of me every week asking if she can close my case down. Yet speaking to womens aid they told me I should of been offered support for the court case. I feel I havent the guts to tell her shes rubbish and ask for the help I truly need. Im feeling deflated!

fizzylem
      Participant

Gah! Can be a quest hey finding the right support when all we want is for those we turn to give us what we need. I know it’s hard to do, but I’m thinking you’ve answered your own q, yes, tell the support worker exactly how you’re feeling and if she doesn’t respond ask her if you can work with someone else. Thinking you would feel quite pleased with yourself if you manage to this, however, if you don’t feel brave enough then call the place she works and ask to speak with the support worker coordinator about things x

jellybeanqueen
      Participant

She probably feels as if there’s nothing else she can do if because you’ve already got the non mol order. If you don’t want to ask her directly for help, just ask her for advice on how to go about it.

If your on a low income, you will be entitled to get legal aid. You can google solicitors in your area that deal with prohibited steps orders and do it yourself. Just give them a ring and tell them you want a prohibited steps order and you think your entitled to legal aid.

K xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi guys thanks for your replies. Ive spoken to the british passport agency and also the consulate of the country he is from they told me that if i get in writing that hes not allowed to leave the country with my son without me present. He also will not be able to aply for a passport. I will apply for one asap and flag it aswell so if and when my son travels he will only be allowed to leave with me or my consent. Ive decided to wait until our court case thats due as solicitors said its best to wait and see if hes also issued a restraining order which if he is he wont be allowed contact with my son until he reaches 18. The problem I have is panick alot. I know my son is safe and i have the backing of SS.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content