Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Anyone else struggling with an abuser who deflects everything?
      And people believe them, and disregard or don’t believe you. I have had a lot of support and help from people who understand these characters. But somehow they manage to deflect and prevent you from getting the help you need. It makes me feel hopeless in certain areas of my life.

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hi Ocean,

My abuser deflected everything. Teflon man. It all just slipped off him or bounced back onto me. He was a master of projection too. Talking to an abuser is pointless, they will never take responsibility or admit fault.
      Is the main issue your abuser or mutual friends or family? I have cut contact with all mutual parties who were not 100% on my side. Abuse shows you who people are. Its actually a positive as I have more time for my true friends; those who know me, believe my truth and support me. The others were never my real friends. It hurt in the short term but is liberating in the longterm.
      Not sure if that’s helpful or what you were asking? Sorry you feel hopeless, please keep reaching out. There is support here for you xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content