Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

I recently remembered that my ex took photographs of me, without permission, whilst I was getting dressed.
      They were completely unflattering and he’d show them back to me saying things like ‘look at what I have to put up with’ and he’d make me agree how disgusting I was. He’d also threaten to send them to people we knew or post them on social media.

I’m really worried they might surface at some point as I’m not sure he ever deleted them.

Indiamalachite
      Participant

If they do then that is illegal – I know this doesn’t help the feeling of panic but it’s something to bear in mind. If he did do that then no one would sympathise with him, it would be a totally horrific thing to do to you. Try not to panic, if you think of all the awful threats people make over the course of abusive relationships they rarely act on them. My ex has a video he took without my permission and I have a bit of a worry about this but I think if he does then no one would think he was anything but the absolute scumbag he is and so he probably wont do it as he will know that people will think this and he relies on his reputation with others as the good guy. Sorry you’re going through such horrible times, x*x

Serenity
      Participant

What an awful man, Walker in the Rain.

My ex used to say horrible things about how I looked, mostly when I was dressed up for a special occasion, so I would say it’s often that they are insecure and try to make us feel rubbish, their view can’t be take. As the objective truth, but for him to say that to you when you were in a vulnerable state of undress was sick. Horrible man.

If he does post it on social media, he will be committing a crime, so hopefully that will deter him. I think these abusers threaten a lot of things to us, but are too cowardly to do anything publicly. X

Dear Walker In The Rain, what a nasty insecure man. I think this photo fear is common, both of my abusive Ex,s have compromising photos of me, both relationships ended horribly, I have not been made aware of any of these photos of me knocking around. There is a lady on my Freedom Programme who is really stunning, together with this she appears self confidant, relaxed & in control of her life, she is really lovely & i look up to her. I have thought about her abusive relationship, the only thing that makes sense is that her ex wanted to bring her down & ruin her. Its so sick.

Ayanna
      Participant

First of all, do not feel bad about the pictures.

Be aware that if he does this he commits a crime. As soon as you see these pics somewhere online you can take a screen shot and report him. It is now a serious crime and this will affect his CRB check.

The ex abuser did that too to me. I once had a chance to access his phone and deleted most of them. I think I only left the most harmless one where my face cannot be recognised, in order to not upset him too much.

If I find this anywhere online one day he will get arrested again. I think he would not dare to do this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content