Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Newgirl
      Participant

Hey all just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that can get you to get a deposit on a property that seems to be what will hold me back! And possibly a guarantor I haven’t left yet or told him but I want to try and get everything in place so I know what to do when I can. Surely there must be somewhere that can help 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anonymous
      Inactive

Some places do not require a deposit on a property it depends on the landlord if you are doing a private let , a guarantor would be someone like your boss or a family member working that could afford to cover your rent if anything should happen in a circumstance were you were unable to pay . I think you would be better checking with any housing association in your area or with refuge etc , there could be easier options xx

Newgirl
        Participant

Thank you I’m not keen on a refuge as I have older children I don’t really want them to see that (no offence at all) I am trying to do it as smoothly as possible for them. Zero deposit may be an option. I live in a very small town so housing associations are slim but I will certainly try as I am just looking into and getting information on everything I can at the moment

Bananaboat
      Participant

Speak to your local council. I rented in joint names but dv classes as a risk of homelessness reason so they offered support including help with a deposit. Lots of places say zero deposit too.

Newgirl
        Participant

Thank you so much i just thought I would ask as a family member has offered to pay it bless them but I would rather try and do it on own if that makes sense.
        I will try a deposit free one if I can find one

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content