Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lilbird
      Participant

Please can someone put me on the right track. I’ll try to keep it short. Out of abusive marriage for (detail removed by moderator) years now but feel no further forward. Still living in the past. No job as such, I am a self employed  (detail removed by moderator) and me and my current partner have a business together but its very seasonal so barely brings in any money, its more like a ‘hobby’ but I am getting to the stage where I have no interest in it. Me and my teenage son still live with my mum (detail removed by moderator) years on and really want a place of our own (partner lives in a different county). Had the opportunity to view a couple of places for rent today but cancelled both appointments. Am feeling really depressed at the moment but just couldn’t make the move for the viewings. What is wrong with me. I so want to get out and both these properties may have accepted housing benefit (which are few and far between but I cancel) I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I feel so unhappy at the moment. I am now just wandering around the house, unfocused, bored and feeling really horrible. I wish there was a text service for mental health and I wish someone would put me back on track. I feel so alone and scared. Please please help x

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hi lilbird, you’re not alone. Perhaps it would be easier to make just the one appointment at a time, and promise yourself a treat for after looking at the place. A tea and cake , or bag of your favourite sweets or something. It might help a little.
      Try looking through you tube for videos on mindfulness and meditation, it’s amazing how helpful those things are to us when we’re feeling so down.
      I also found learning Tai Chi helped me enormously. It is such a lovely, relaxing thing to do.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi lilbird,

This sounds like depression to me. I went through it last summer and autumn. Feeling as you described.
      The best advice I can give you is to get professional help. You don’t have to go through his alone. Go to your GP, get anti-depressants and follow a therapy to get out of your depression. It does help and you will feel better again within few weeks, then a few more to stabilise and before you know you are out of it and back on your feet.

Don’t be hard on yourself with the houses, call back if you feel up for it. Ask a friend, if you have someone, to go with you.
      Depression is very very tiring so for now treat yourself as you would when you have a flu and get lots of rest, wear your favorite fluffy lounge home wear and treat yourself with feel good movies or series and drink lots of water and tea with honey.

I am happy that I got help with my depression, I don’t think I could have gotten out of it without professional and medical help.
      Take good care

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content