Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RedFox
      Participant

Hey,

I have always been depressed. But now it’s worse because I have been abused and I’m still linked to my abuser, although it’s not my choice and I am stuck with him at the moment.

I have no motivation for anything. I work all day and am bored there so I only wait one thing, to be at home again. But when I am, all the stuff I imagine I’ll do, I don’t want to do them anymore. I don’t feel like it, I don’t want anymore. I stay there doing nothing, sleeping most of the time.
      At the weekend I’ll do all the house stuff, looking forward to a well deserved rest, but it never comes.
      Once I’m done with the hard work, again I wonder what to do with myself. All the things I imagined I will enjoy doing, I don’t want them anymore. So I just lay in bed, trying to forget I exist.
      And then the weekend ends and I start being anxious about starting another week, being away from my cocoon. And it all starts again.

I know there is no magical answer but I wish there was one. Do you feel this way too? How to you stop this happening?

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi redfox

Sounds very like you are so exhausted hun
      You could do with a break.. have you talked to your gp ..have some time of work..

It’s awful what these abusers do to our mental health

RedFox
      Participant

I don’t want to blame him for it. As I said,
      I have always experienced it. It’s just now I feel more isolated so it’s not helping but I always feels this way, and I did before him.

I feel useless.
      I tried to get a nhs referral for counselling sessions, I had a phone assessment, they asked me if I was feeling suicidal and if I had made plans to kill myself. I haven’t, I don’t want to kill my self. They said they had too long waiting lists for putting me on it for counselling. They also had CBT but said it was not appropriate.

I don’t even feel like fighting for it, i fight for everything and i am exhausted.
      My job keeps me sane, it forces me to see people and I’m good when I’m around people, I smile a lot. But there are days where I can’t force myself to work and I feel sh*t at what I do.

I just want to feel something, I want to look forward to doing things. Every event stresses me… and i stay there doing nothing because nothing is appealing, because what is the point? It’s almost like cleaning the house is the highlight of my week.

teatime
      Participant

I feel same at the moment. It’s quite bad. Having trouble focussing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content