Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

A program I watched la** *igh* (Lisa that ok?) about Psychopaths! How are they capable of doing what they do? to others. My! My! After watching alone!….I suddenly realised! I’m married to one! (That’s what’s wrong with him! Why? He can’t love! Be normal? Have normal relationships!) Pointed out in the program were the facts about Psychopaths! That fit!… No love shown / received, in early years! And beyond! by very important woman! I cannot discuss relationships between people here! But I’m guessing you’ll figure out? who’s the woman? I am referring to! This woman figures strongly in my marital situation! I am seeing all the coldness and disconnected attributes in my abuser! The traits of the Psychopath described in the program fit him perfectly! When I see it! I’m just thinking…Are there more Psychopaths amongst us outside of here? Than we give thought to maybe?
      💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hazydayz,

Sounds like you really related to that program!

Do abusive men often fit the description of a ‘psychopath’? Absolutely. Abusers in relationships often lack empathy, are manipulative and dishonest, and totally disregard the needs of others. So it’s understandable that putting such a ‘label’ on an abuser seems to really fit. However, at Women’s Aid, we are careful of applying such labels to abusers as it can take away the important reality of domestic abuse; that the ones who perpetrate it are doing so fully aware and with purpose. When ‘diagnosing’ an abuser with a mental illness, it diminishes their responsibility as a perpetrator of abuse (ie. it’s his ‘illness’ that causes it).

It’s important we hold abusers accountable. It’s crucial women are never made to feel they need to excuse this behaviour, for any reason. Abusers are to be held fully accountable. Always.

That said, Hazydayz, I understand why you came to such a conclusion. I hope as you move forward, that in your struggles, you can keep connecting here for support as you know we are here for you.

Lisa

Hazydayz
        Participant

Lisa you mistook my intention to share…what my situation is, and I didn’t say…that he is excused for his behaviour! or his abuse of me! I was simply saying…there’s no hope!

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hazydayz, can you PM the name of the programme please, if you can remember? ❤

Hazydayz
      Participant

🧐(Explanation in brackets) shows why?🧐

Hazydayz
      Participant

🌤️clear and light suits me💛

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content