Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lilmoo
      Participant

I’m feeling very anxious and lonely right now. My ex and I split in (detail removed by moderator) but he has never stopped trying to rekindle our relationship, he’s always said he loves me and wants our family back together. He insists I’m the problem and need help :-(. He took my children (detail removed by moderator) and I have been fighting tooth and nail to try and get them back. I’ve never stopped him having access to the children but now the tables have turned I barely get to see them. He’s been using my love for them to get me where he wants me so I’m alone, have no family, and just the children. He abused me for the last time and I finally plucked up the courage to report him to the police, now I’m not so sure I did the right thing 🙁 I feel like I am the problem and I’m scared for my children too. I don’t know what else to do. Should I just drop it and go back to letting him control my life and make it easier? A little bit of help would be appreciated.

KIP.
      Participant

I think you did the right thing for you and your children. They need to know that abuse and coercive control is wrong. Please contact your local women’s aid for support and get some legal advice. You have played his game for long enough and look where you are. Keep all the evidence you can. Keep a journal, any text and email messages. Any witnesses. Write down all the abuse from day 1. It’s important to show a pattern of behaviour x it’s very frightening to go up against a bully so you need a support network round you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content