Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So you would pitty them? Xx

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Exactly this with my ex and I suppose a reason why I allowed him to treat me as he did – I felt sorry for him. I felt bad that I had the ‘normal’ family life that he never got. His family upbringing was selfish, volatile especially with for him and his elder sibiling, the younger ones had a different upbringing as they were girls.

It took years for me to realise if he wasn’t going to help himself and break his family cycle I couldn’t help him.

After breaking fee a massive weight has been taken off granted not at the beginning as I still felt bad but as time has gone on and I have less and less dealings with him I no longer feel responsible for him, his upbringing and how he does things going forward.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Absolutely 💯
      He used his childhood to get things from people, sympathy, being viewed as a ‘winner’, being seen as successful and strong as his childhood was allegedly so bad…. He also kept me and kids away from his family so I really do not know what was real and what wasn’t with his childhood and am so grateful that I no longer care
      Big hugs icandothis ❤️

StrongLife
      Participant

Yes – don’t want to go into detail because it’s unique story.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Scottish Thistle, aye my now ex husband told me about his abusive upbringing and I too felt so sorry for the boy he’d been. I excused all of his behaviour because of it for one reason or anither. He even said his first wife had abused him too, and I’ve been so tempted to contact her and ask her things, but don’t want to bring up any bad memories for her so I haven’t. I know he’s probably been abusive towards her and their children, none of them see him, so I don’t need the validation so much nowadays.
      He even told me my upbringing wasn’t the normal one, made me feel guilty for not having had parents who were abusive. How messed up was that.
      Best wishes
      IWMB 💞 💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content