Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Slate other abusive men? X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Most definitely. He doesn’t see himself as an abuser. According to him, i had him arrested for no reason, cried crocodile tears and have no idea what some women have to put up with.

gettingtired
        Participant

Interesting question. My partner who I’ve started to realise is emotionally/verbally abusive at times is disgusted by women being treating badly. A work colleague of mine suffers terrible abuse from her partner (has control of her money, emotionally abusive, uses the children as weapons against her, keeps all her passwords, controls who she speaks to, where she goes, who she sees – EVERYTHING!) and my partner says he’s a piece of s**t. A few years ago he told me about a woman he used to work with who was constantly put down everyday by her partner, called names etc. He was saying how terrible that is. He’s confronted a man in a restaurant who was shouting down at this poor, young waitress in front of everyone before. Yet he can definitely be emotionally abusive and manipulative towards me. I don’t really get it. 😟

Chasingrainbows
      Participant

Yes!! He totally does. And says he did not emotionally abuse me even tho he did. Says ‘im not like those sick guys who want to control everything and are really horrible’. He so is!!

Catjam
      Participant

Oh wow! Yes, he isn’t abusive just misunderstood. My youngest unfortunately is with someone who is like her dad, he wants her to come home. This man is disgusting treating her like this apparently. Never mind he hasn’t spoken to her in years making life at home miserable.
      I had a friend who was financially abused and hubby used to give me money to treat her.
      He honestly thinks he is an amazing guy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content