Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Took my two eldest children to a concert today, one of the songs the group sang is called ‘change your life’ and it was so poignant I burst into tears – it was like the floodgates opened and I couldn’t stop them. I just feel tired now, emotionally, but better at the same time.

(Removed by moderator)

And I wonder why it touched so deep and made me cry?

Hugs

TTMO xx

Lilycat
      Participant

Hugs to you, TTMO :).

The most unusual things can prompt us to react. With the song, I am glad that you were able to cry and that it made you feel relieved. A little catharsis, no matter how it arrives and/ or whatever shape it takes, is a good thing.

Something that triggers me is sliced chorizo- my abusive and manipulative ex used to offer it to me when I visited and before we got married. So the look of it makes my flesh creep. Well, last year my mother bought some for me for breakfast and I went white with fear. Oops.

If chorizo is in a loop it doesn’t affect me, but if it’s sliced it’s a whole other story. So there you go- I am scared of a smoked sausage.

Truth is stranger than fiction. The human brain is a depth of mystery. We can be triggered by the most unusual and unexpected things, but it’s really okay.

Kindest wishes

Lilycat

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content