Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

(detail removed by moderator) is alleged to have assaulted her partner a couple of weeks ago. He doesn’t want to press charges and it’s in court already.

My ex assaulted me. I recorded it and wanted to press charges. Took the cps (removed by moderator) months to decide to charge him.

Why the difference?

fizzylem
      Participant

High profile I guess? Have to be seen to be responding? Fancy solicitors involved? We dont have all the information? It certainly doesnt seem right how long it can take and how some of these men seem to gettaway with it completely as well – for sure! It does leave one questioning – I think we try to get it right for everyone but sadly we’re a long way off achieving this yet – there is alot of human error – the line may be drawn by the law but there is no consistancy in dealing with the victims or the offenders – yet – or will there ever be? x

Dancemama
      Participant

In certain cases police can now press charges even without the victim wanting to or having any victim statements.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yes, they can. But it astounds me that this went to court in two weeks. Took more than (detail removed by moderator) months for my case to go that far and I had witnesses and a recording of the assault.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

I’ve been following this story, I can’t figure it out?!(detail removed by moderator\0
      You’re right in what you say that it seems like she is getting treated differently. Seems really swift to be in court etc. are they trying to set an example? You don’t seem to hear about many men being abused in relationships x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content