Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      RedFox
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I was a bit more optimistic, putting his emotional abuse aside and trying to ignore it.
      But (detail removed by moderator), I was at work and like everyday he messaged me. He said that he wanted to move out and stop paying the mortgage. His family support him in the idea he has the right to do that and I can pay it all myself with my savings.

I exploded in tears, lots of people saw me in tears in the corridor. This is a worry I had for months.
      I didn’t work all day, didn’t attend my meetings,
      I didn’t even have the strength to apologise in advance. I spent the day in a state no one should be in, I got more abuse from his family as well. Thought of ringing the police officer I talked to (detail removed by moderator) weeks ago and complete my assessments (I couldn’t answer two questions as I feared they would talk to him) but I worry that it makes my situation even more unbearable.
      I moved office for the day as the only person I wanted to see was my friend so I moved in his office. I don’t want to go back there and face everyone after what happened and pretend to carry on as normal.

I wish I could disappear 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

Do not let him emotionally torture you. Do not believe a word he says about his family. My ex did the same. Kept trying different ways to destroy me while I sat back and struggled to cope. My advice is to tell the police everything. Seek out good legal advice. If he wanted to leave he would have done so by now. What he wants is to torture you and sit back and enjoy himself.

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to Human Resources about your current situation and block your abuser on every means he has. Tell him younare contacting a solicitor to contact you only about legal matters and through a solicitor. Be very careful because they are most dangerous when we try to leave or get the upper hand.

RedFox
      Participant

Thank you KIP.
      I feel like it’s all gonna hit me when I’m finally out (if this day ever happens). I have been very sad all day. There is no interest in my house and I need to sell it to be free again.
      In the meantime, as I kill myself to get everything ready, he just enjoys his life having sex with other girls and seeing his friends.
      I want him to pay for all the pain he is putting me through.

KIP.
      Participant

I can tell you I was in a similar position. Stuck with my abuser. He enjoyed rubbing my nose in it. While you have contact with him he will continue to do this. It’s how they get their entertainment. My husband got into a new relationship and plastered it all over Facebook. On her and his Facebook. In a relationship it said. We were still married and living together. My sister showed me. Disgusting lowlife behaviour designed for maximum hurt. Needless to say I went straight to solicitor. He didn’t see that coming. Thought I’d go rushing back into his arms. After this didn’t happen he lost the plot. So my advice is to get away from him any way you can. Meantime I got on with my life and got dressed up and would go about happy and go out. Of course he couldn’t take his own medicine and attacked me. Then the police and courts followed. Please dont play his game like I did. You won’t win. Get away and don’t allow him to dump his abuse onto you. The biggest hurt for these men is zero contact. Zero contact cuts off his chance for his n**********c abuse.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content