Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I feel I’m in a difficult position right at this moment. I’ve posted before about my parents, my Dad being abusive and my Mum being ill. Now my Mum’s health has deteriorated and I think she is fading. Recently I was with them and it’s so hard for me as I pick up on abusive he says and does. I’ve spoken to my brother who is better at giving the facts o of mum s illness to me as it’s connected to his job and I know that she doesn’t have long. I’m still temping and have told them I need to be part time and they are desperate so it’s ok. It’s a bit of a stupid job and I’m not good at it but it’s something. Today I’ve dropped my daughter off at school, I’ve texted work to say I’m off to see my mum, which if always a day trip as it’s so far. They won’t be happy all but I really don’t care if they let me go. I am exhausted and never know if I’m doing the right thing or not the moment, but going to work when. I would be absolutely no good today seems stupid. I’ve been so close to Mum, she’s always done whatever she could for me and apart from the last few years, I’ve turned to her without hesitation to talk about whatever I’ve needed to, so this is all so sad for me.
      Just wanted somewhere to offload this, so thank you ladies

Eve
      x

Suntree
      Participant

Eve

So Sorry to hear about your Mum. Having a safe place to off load is a godsend.
      Give your Mum a huge hug today x

Tuppance
      Participant

Dear Eve1. I think you are right to spend as much time with your mum as possible. It may also give you some comfort and time to recharge . X

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you. I had a little time just with her. Being around my Dad is awful and I need time recover afterwards

Thank you for your support.

Eve
      x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content