Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Neverlookback
      Participant

for year’s i have wanted to leave and get out of this situation. i started the ball rolling several year’s ago and lost my youngest son because of it. yet im still stuck here. my other children are all adult’s now and don’t live with me although i see them regually. My dilemma now is, my partner is hoping to move across the country sometime in the near future and he is expecting me to move with him even though we dont live together and ive told him multiple times i don’t want to go. (detail removed by Moderator) me and my 2 sister’s were told our mum was terminally ill and only had a few month’s to live. Long story short she was misdiagnosed and although she is not dying she still need’s 24 hour care and can’t be left on her own. in the begining my partner “gave me permission to stay and look after her”. telling me i can go to him when she has gone. my problem is although i have 2 older sister’s im the one doing the majoroty of the care. one sister we don’t see at all and the other just turn’s up when she can be bothered. So i can’t just up and leave. So what do i do ? Do i go or wait till mum has passed away which hopefully won’t be for quite a few year’s yet. If did go i would obviously arrange for mum to come live with me but that would take time. Time in which my mum could possibly suffer with not getting the proper care she need’s. Sorry if ive rambled on a bit, my head is all over the place x

Bananaboat
      Participant

If I’ve read it right you have your own place? If so, you don’t want to be with him, have a safe place to stay, a genuine reason to stay – sounds like a perfect reason to stay and get away from him. You can tell him you’ll follow but once he’s gone, tell him it’s over? x

Kitkat44
      Participant

Just checking in to see how you are? Sounds like you have so much to consider. Hope you are ok x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content