Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mummy
      Participant

I’m so sorry I’m no use to anyone on here atm really am having the worst time going through this once took all my energy and now for a second time I don’t know if I can do this I cannot stop crying and I am at the point of thinking this must be me who is going to want to be with me I am at rock bottom and feel so worthless 😢

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hey hun, be kind to yourself. He’s the nasty piece of work, not you.

Let’s look at the positives: you have recognised his behaviour and that’s the first step already taken. Baby steps will get you there and your journey to freedom has already begun.

Read as much as you can, there are taster books on the Kindle app. Knowledge is power. Call the helpline if you need to or the Samaritans.

You can do this. You already are xx

mummy
      Participant

Thanks eeyore I don’t know what I’m more upset about the fact I’ve allowed someone else into my life and let them treat me this way or that it’s over very confused and emotional it’s that feeling of being worthless again used and abused if u like xx

Serenity
      Participant

Their behaviour is their choice and they are to blame.

We can’t blame ourselves because they are such expert liars. We weren’t to know who they truly were: we can’t see inside people’s heads. We can’t predict their future behaviour. And because we are moral people, we didn’t understand the mind of those who weren’t. Unfortunately we now know how such people think, because our understanding has increased.

In order to get through this, you need to show yourself masses of compassion. You’ve been through hell and you’ve survived. How strong you are. Now you need to heal.

Our abusers got away with mistreating us by making us believe that we deserved it, and were undeserving of happiness. All abusers think they deserve the best and that others are there to be punished. It’s their warped way of thinking. It’s not true – you never deserved the abuse, and you deserve peace and happiness, like we all do.

Hugs x

mummy
      Participant

Thanks serenity nice to see u r still on here I was here a year ago and I’m bavk again with a second abuser. I hope I can find the strength again as being here again has taken its toll on me x

KIP.
      Participant

Mummy, remember you got rid of an abuser once and you can do it again. Stay strong x

White Rose
      Participant

Remember it’s not you it’s him. He probably spotted your vulnerability and dived in.
      You know you can get through this so don’t be too hard on yourself and try to find the strength you had before.
      When you’ve had a chance to recover and recharge your batteries a bit have a look at some of the courses available I’m sure someone on here said they’d done something on pattern recognition in relationships. Don’t let them take advantage of you.
      Take care. Hope you sleep well – it will seem a bit better tomorrow I’m sure xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I think ladies have advised you well here, you left your first abuser and wil find strength to leave this one too, have u called the helpline to speak to some one,im sure with right support u can do this

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content