Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      privatelady
      Participant

Well I’ve finally had the papers my ex has served in me from the court.

I should contest it but I want the divorce and I want it to go through quick and I can’t be bothered arguing with lies anymore. The sooner the paperwork to set me free is served the better.. Im finding the reading of my unreasonable behaviour quite funny though and seeing it as hilarious in what is a really twisted way as Id prepared myself for it and it’s a true reflection of how much he needs to self soothe and feel sorry for himself despite his controlling and coercive ways. The ride has brought my sense of humour back because it is kind of pathetic, considering its not mentioned I’ve had police support and all kinds to manage him.

The next part, I’m sure he truly believes he is going to get a major part of finances. It’s a (detail removed by moderator). Other than the furniture and personal belongings I’m a single mum who works part times using uc now to top of wage.

The child- god knows how this part will go but he has shown abusive behaviour towards her, and although I havnt told him not to come, only that he needs to put her needs first and not loose his temper when he’s only seen her for a few hours in weeks and treat her with respect, he’s not communicated when he wants to see her.

Im on limited contact so he can get messages to me, Just is restricted ways. He hadn’t bothered. It’s a long ride but one step closer to freedom.

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi privatelady,

Well done for getting one step closer to freedom. If what he has put in the papers for the grounds for the divorce doesn’t bother you then I do agree you should run with it so it can be over and done with as quickly and cheaply as possible. Having never been married (so therefore never divorced) I’m not sure if there are any future issues where the grounds for divorce may be a problem for you, for example, if you do not contest any unreasonable behaviour that he accuses you of would he be able to have this go in his favour for instance?

I know in my court hearings (detail removed by moderator) I just went along with what the least expensive court result was for me.

So yes, I get where you’re coming from, but I bet he is expecting a reply from your solicitor with an indignant response so that this can get dragged out and cost you more money. If there is no long term detrimental effect for you then go with the quickest and cheapest option to achieve your goal.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content