Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Can anyone recommend a book that deals with emotions and feelings going through divorce after abuse? I feel it is extra hard divorcing an abuser especially when even now deep deep down I never wanted it to end up like this? I still worry about him as he’s an alcoholic and feel sad I’m not allowed to talk to him due to order in place. I’m so sick of feeling so down xx

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

No advice but just wanted to say I have similar feelings although my husbands behaviour is actually now helping me detach as he has been vile. He is an alcoholic too and I have an order in place. Initially I felt sad that we had probably had our last proper conversation but actually now feel proud that I resisted answering any of the many texts and calls before I blocked him. V early on in divorce process but I cannot bear thought of speaking to him now. I may at some point write a letter but not sure. Keep strong

KIP.
      Participant

Healing from Hidden Abuse is a good book. Try to look on the divorce as just a piece of paper. Just a small step to disentangle from abuse.

Thank you for your replies. I’ve read that but still can’t accept alcohol didn’t cause the abuse. I’m ridiculous x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, you’re not ridiculous. Blaming his alcohol on my abuse kept me trapped for decades but many people drink alcohol and don’t abuse and I bet he was abusive when sober too. Just takes time to work it all out. Trauma robs us of brain power x

Thank you, Kip xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content