Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      one day at a time
      Participant

Recently went to court for my divorce on grounds of unreasonable behaviour. Granted without any problem or changes for my children. Friends say I should be celebrating but from the moment I read through my statement with the barrister, I feel numb.
      I’m going through the motions at work and home. But I don’t feel like doing anything, connecting with anyone. I just feel blank.
      Has anyone else felt like this?

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

I think at each stage of when we move on people expect us to be happy and over moon, but we r grieving for what they did to us, take each day slowly,if u need to cry, cry , cry for what he did and cry out of happiness that u managed to get away from him, stay strong it will get better in time

one day at a time
      Participant

Thank you Confused. I do need to start crying from happiness that I am free. 🙂

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

I know its easier said then done, its a long tunnel but there will be light at end , post as much as u need to, i got so much releif talking on here when i left and still post if things go wrong but most importantly i like to support ladies cause its just a horrible trauma we have to face and support means so much

Ayanna
      Participant

My family court hearings were traumatic and abusive. They were nightmares. They were pure institutionalised abuse. I tried to remain strong. Inside I was dead for a long time already.

foggyhere
      Participant

Ugh, yeah, dealing with the legal side is horrid. I’m learning to expect pretty much any emotion when I’m moving it along. I’m just about to file my divorce – so far I’ve had anger (was shaking with it), uncontrollable crying, a weird set of physical sensations, elation and a very strange feeling that I’m not in my body. Can’t wait for it to be done with.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content