Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wiseafter
      Participant

Hi all, ex has begun his hoovering campaign. He has said he has information that I am trying to get an injunction to stop him entering the house – I gave a solicitor’s secretary all his details but wasn’t sure that an injunction would be necessary and didn’t start proceedings yet. I haven’t even spoken to a solicitor yet, just the secretary. Would the firm share that information with him before I file for the injunction? If not, how the hell does he know? Maybe the secretary is a friend of his – or maybe he just took a lucky guess… has anyone ever had similar?

KIP.
      Participant

He’s fishing in my opinion. My ex used to throw accusations at me and watch my response. Like he “knew” I was seeing someone else. Total c**p. Just ignore him and block him on everything. Injunctions can be expensive and why should you pay for something the police should provide. Talk to them and see what measures are available. Victims support too. Keep gathering an evidence of unwanted contact. And ring the police to report it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Look for hidden little cameras in your house and also check your phone for spyware – look up how to spot a tracking app on your phone or is there spyware on my phone?

Wiseafter
      Participant

Thank you Braelynn, I called solicitor back and they said they will never share the information. I am checking for spyware and cameras – again!! KIP – its true I thought he may be fishing too and was just a lucky guess and makes him look like victim for his ongoing smear campaign – I have been trying so hard to empower myself, get educated and not have an emotional response but took me all day yesterday to stop putting my energy into worrying. This is exactly what he knows I will do. I have left the group chat and blocked his number. We still have possessions to sort out but my sons have offered to take this forward so I don’t have to get involved.

Wiseafter
      Participant

Keeping a log of all communication, including him ringing my sons and telling them I am abusive…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content