Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ImFeelinglost
      Participant

My ex has never been physical but has abused me emotionally, financially and even now we are split up still controls me so I can’t move on or get friends. I put a status on social media (detail removed by Moderator) and with in seconds he messaged me about it so I deleted it and deleted my account. I contacted (detail removed by Moderator) before and was offered help but got scared because I heard about a law that if his new partner asked they would give information. He was never physical but admitted he was awful to me and wants to change I don’t want to get support if it will go on record as he doesn’t believe it’s abuse he just treated me like c**p.

KIP.
      Participant

Many women go back time and time again to women’s aid and organisations like them, they absolutely understand how difficult it is to leave an abuser and how it can take years and they definitely won’t hold anything against you. They are there to guide you and offer support in whatever decision and direction you want to go. Abusers are gaslighters and liars. Don’t believe a word he says. I think the law might be Claire’s Law and it’s to do with the police and warning new partners if their dating an abuser who has come to the attention of the police and is considered dangerous. You can talk to the national domestic abuse helpline who will reassure you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content