Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Good samaritan
      Participant

My ex has made out to everyone that I was the abusive one and the police have done nothing about it but reinforce him by issuing me with the harassment warning that the police have confirmed will be on a file against my name indefinitely. How is it fair that a man who knew he had had a vasectomy but sent me for tests because I had not caught on pregnant. I went for the tests but he never took his sample in and I never thought nothing of it until now I am out of the relationship that that too was part of his abuse. Should I be fearful that he could come after me later down the line because it still feels as though he has complete control of my future or anything I might want to do with it.

KIP.
      Participant

In my experience he will continue to come after you whilst he sees you as a vulnerable victim. Once you stand up to him, he may think twice because abusers look for Women to dominate. I pushed back every time he pushed my boundaries. That included the police and the courts and a solicitor and a restraining order. I took back control. Zero contact. Always be wary. I once read they think it’s easier to recycle a victim than break in a new one x

Good samaritan
      Participant

I wish I could get some form of officaldom in place to protect me if he approached me but after this experience I don’t even have any faith in the police. A wpc told me to tear up mail and bin it. I was gobsmacked.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content