Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly-A
      Participant

Yesterday, a colleague told me she had worked out what was happening to me at home.

She was extremely supportive and signposted me to another wellbeing department, they advised me I could get emergency (same day) accommodation from them, however this is only available until September so if I want to do it, i need to act fast!

Now im stuck between feeling guilty and also wanting to just take the next step so I dont miss this opportunity

How will I ever know that im ready?

Texas
      Participant

Why not see it as an opportunity to take a break to give you a chance to think? Then if you want to stay away for good then you have somewhere safe.

nbumblebee
      Participant

You will never be ready.
      You will always feel guilty.
      But do you want to feel regret?
      This is your opportunity to break free. I wish i wish with all my heart that when I had the chance I had taken it and quick now its gone and im stuck here and i cant see a way out again. Dont regret not trying that will hurt way more.
      You wont know how it feels until you give it a go right?

ocean20
      Participant

I would take this as a little sign from the universe and a nudge in the direction that would be better for you x

Butterfly-A
      Participant

Thank you everyone XX

Atsah
      Participant

Yes it is a sign.i am not saying it’s easy because it isn’t but i ended up staying for over (detail removed by Moderator) years and it just gets harder and harder to leave.you should do it..i wish u luck whatever u decide to do.you will find the strength to do this x

Sungirl
      Participant

Take the opportunity to get a break and have time to see what it’s like being out of the relationship. Focus on yourself. I left (detail removed by Moderator) but ended coming back and now am struggling to work out how to leave again. Although trying to focus on the fact I did it before I can do it again. Good luck to you!

Stargazing1
      Participant

@Butterfly-A, I hope you can find that strength and go . I wish you nothing but the very best in life . Take the chance. Sending lots of special hugs .

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content