Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellen b
      Participant

Hi ladies
      I found out yesterday that my ex is playing mind games with his new woman..my 1st thought was well you knew what he was like he had been arrested from her property before my attack so you’ve made ur bed so lie in it but then I think no woman deserves what he did to me and it will only get worse for her…then I think selfishly if he’s with her at least he will be leaving me alone my ..heads all over the place xx

Hopesprings
      Participant

I think all those feelings are natural. I think you should try and turn your mind off to whatever he is up to completely. I know this is difficult. I don’t know how you found this out but if someone is telling you things about him I think they should stop. It’s not helpful in moving on x

Ellen b
      Participant

That’s what I’m trying to do it was a neighbour who had seen her he came over as soon as I pulled up in the car to pass on his news he did seem very disappointed when I didn’t really care I just said I’m not surprised and I don’t really care but they do seem to think that I’m interested in what he is doing xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Ellen,

When my friend told me she had seen my ex with a new woman and he was bossing her about, I was kind of grateful to hear this, as it was proof that it wasn’t a problem with me, that he was treating the next woman the same, as people said he would as an abuser.

But at the same time, I felt sorry for her! However, people need to learn their own lessons, as she wouldn’t listen to you anyway.

Be grateful that you are free, and take this as proof that you are! X

Ellen b
      Participant

Thanks ladies
      Serenity I felt the same relief that it wasn’t just me he abused..I suppose because there was still a little bit of me that blamed myself for what he did ..I also watched th TV programme behind closed doors took me ages to pluck up the courage to watch it and sat crying tho most of it holding my new partners hand but that also made me realise it’s not just me that had the wool pulled over my eyes xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

If u worried about her just let police be aware and let them warn her based on Claire law. I got told if I was ever worried about ex new partner this is how I could warn her without getting involved

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content