Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      freesia
      Participant

Hello everyone

I’s been quite some time since ive seen my ex untill few days back i have seein him at work due to working in seim workplace.After i have seen him something strange was happening with me ive started being so so scared my whole body started basically shaking i felt like i was about to collapse i couldn’t handle it so ive asked one of my work-mates to just take me home as i didn’t knew what was going on even tho i haven’t even spoked to my ex.
      Did someone has experienced something like it before or know what that actually may be?

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hi freesia

I hope you’re more relaxed now. It sounds like quite a severe panic attack to me. Did you feel scared, panicky, racing pounding heart?

I had something like that at work too. My friend hugged me. She said later it felt like my heart was going to burst. It goes without saying you prob need to avoid him.

Have you felt better since?

KIP.
      Participant

You have been triggered by seeing your ex. Your body is reliving the fear he put you through. I think you should talk to your GP. Also, consider talking to personnel dept and ask that he be kept away from you. Ring the helpline number on here for some advice. What you feel is very normal under the circumstances x

freesia
      Participant

Hello Dragonfly and KIP.
      It’s hard to explain what it actually was really ive checked the symptoms of anxiety and panic attack and think it may be some connection.Iam about to go see therapist next week and got appoitment with the doctor this evening for my blood test and blood pressure due being too high since last year.I thought that i was going crazy after all those years didn’t even thought that i may be abused then i started searching everything it was a masive shock to discover that i wasn’t the only one experiencing something like it.But today iam greatful that i had found this forum and people who was going throught the seim trauma just wish for myself and everyone that one day we all can find the peace and love that we all deserved Xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Its just your body going of in alert mode, when i first relocated and saw ex side of family, u should of seen how my blood pressure used to go high, i’d get leg cramps and couldnt move, our body is sensing the danger and trying to warn us, it does get better in time , even when i used to see ex my tummy would tense up as well as me and i couldnt work out why n*d it’d take an hour for me to revcover till he’d gone.

freesia
      Participant

Hi all x

Will that ever go away?i feel so much better after he has gone from my life,but whatever i just think about him straight away iam starting having something like a lump in my throat(hard to explain it) did anyone experienced something like it?

danicali
      Blocked

the sight of my ex, the proximity of my ex, makes me feel physically sick. if i have to attend an event i know he’s going to also be at, I live in dread days before and I’m very very anxious on the day and often dont want to go. i believe it is a sort of post traumatic reaction – you get near to the source of abuse, and you have symptoms. that just proves the abuse was real, and severe. x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content